Town Hall Meeting
Dear friends and neighbors,
I would like to invite you to join me and my colleague, County Councilmember Rod Dembowski, at a Town Hall Meeting that we will be hosting on Thursday evening, February 21, at the Phinney Neighborhood Center:
Thursday, February 21
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Phinney Neighborhood Center, Upper Building, Room 7
6532 Phinney Avenue North
The Town Hall, which will be moderated by North Seattle College President Dr. Warren Brown, will feature representatives of county agencies who will discuss and answer questions about their areas of expertise:
HOUSING, HOMELESSNESS AND HUMAN SERVICES
• Leo Flor, Deputy Director, King County Department of Community & Human Services,
• Sheila Capestany, Director of Child, Youth and Families Division, King County Department of Community & Human Services,
• Kelly Rider, Government Relations Officer, King County Department of Community & Human Services.
PARKS, WASTEWATER TREATMENT, ENVIRONMENT
• Christie True, Director, King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks.
TRANSIT AND TRANSPORTATION
• Terry White, Deputy General Manager, King County Metro Operations.
ARTS AND CULTURE
• Brian Carter, Executive Director, 4Culture
Town hall meetings are a critically important component of a healthy representative democracy. They allow us to update the public on what we have been working on and provide for constituents the opportunity to share their priorities and concerns about issues important to the community. I look forward to this exchange every year and I look forward to seeing you there.