Having trouble reading this email? View it in your web browser.
August 17, 2017
Join me for coffee with your Councilmember!
As the weather is changing (good riddance smoke!) and the King County Council has returned from a two-week recess, I set aside some time to hold a few meetings with constituents. Keeping an open dialogue with my constituents is very important for me to be able to represent you effectively. That’s one of the reasons I am hosting three monthly “Coffees with your Councilmember” throughout the district.
The first one will be on Saturday, August 26th, at Diva Espresso from 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. in Greenwood (14419 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle). Join me to discuss issues the Council is working on, such as:
• Potential federal funding reductions to County health, housing, and human services
• The County's efforts to battle the heroin and opioid epidemic
• The Regional Affordable Housing Task Force
• Best Start For Kids’ efforts to reduce structural inequality in our society
• Next steps on reforming and investing in West Point Treatment Plant
• Improving our Paratransit Access program
...or anything else related to county government that is important to you.
You don't need to make an appointment, but please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to help us better prepare for this event.
I look forward to seeing you there!
All the best,